Padahastasana (Hand Under Foot Pose)
Category: Standing Pose, Forward Extension
Pada = foot. Hasta = hand.
Organizing the pose
- • Come into Tadasana (Mountain Pose).
• Step the feet hip width apart and bring them parallel to each other.
• Exhale and bend forward and place the hands, palms up, under the feet. Bring the toes all the way up to the wrists and press the balls of the big toes down into the base of the thumb.
• Inhale, press the feet down and stretch the thighs up. Pull the arms up and lengthen the sides out of the stretch of the legs. Open the chest and look out.
• Exhale, bend the elbows out to the side and draw the sides of the trunk and the chest down towards the floor.
• Hold the position for several breaths.
• To come out of the pose, inhale and reverse the above sequence all the way back to Tadasana (Mountain Pose).