Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana I (Extended Hand to Big Toe Pose I)
Category: Standing Pose, Core Pose
Utthita = extended. Hasta = hand. Pada = foot. Angustha = big toe.
Organizing the Pose
• Come into Tadasana (Mountain Pose).
• Lift the right foot up and grab hold of the big toe with the first two fingers and thumb of the right hand. Bring the left hand to the hip.
• Exhale and stretch the leg out and up in front of you, pulling the toes back.
• Hold the position for several breaths.
• Exhale, return to Tadasana (Mountain Pose) and repeat on the second side.