Utkatasana (Fierce Pose)
Level: All Levels
Category: Standing Pose, Forward Extension, Core Pose
Utkata = powerful, fierce or uneven.
Organizing the pose
- • Come into Tadasana (Mountain Pose).
• Inhale and reach the arms up into Urdhva Hastasana (Upward Hands Pose).
• Exhale and bend the legs, folding forward from the tops of the thighs and reaching the buttocks back and down.
• Descend the thighs back and down, working towards having them parallel to the floor.
• Move the waist back.
• Lift and open the chest.
• Hold the position for several breaths.
• Inhale and come back up to Tadasana (Mountain Pose).