Eka Pada Shirshasana (Single Leg Head Stand)
Eka = one. Pada = the foot. Shirsha = the head.
Organizing the Pose
- Come into the pose from Salamba Shirshasana 1 (Head Stand 1).
- Reach the left leg up towards the ceiling.
- Exhale and gentle lower the right leg down without losing the reach up through the left leg.
- Hold the pose for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Return to Shirshasana and repeat on the second side.
- Either continue on with other Shirshasana variations or come down out of the pose.
- Keep the wrists stacked up and ground down evenly through the forearms.
- Stretch down through the triceps into the elbow while stretching up through the biceps.
- Stretch evenly through the armpits.
- Broaden the collarbones and balance the weight evenly between them.
- Widen the neck, throat and upper back.
- Stretch up evenly through the sides of the waist and legs.
- Soften and widen the buttocks.
- Soften and widen the chest, neck and throat.