Karnapidasana (Pressure on the Ear Pose)
Karna = ear. Pida = pain, suffering, restriction, limitation.
Organizing the Pose
- Come into the pose from Halasana Plough Pose).
- bend the knees and bring them to the temples or ears.
- Either keep the hands on the back or fold the arms over the calves as shown.
- Hold this pose for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Either continue on with other Halasana or Salamba Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand) variations, or exhale and come down, using the arms to control yourself as you roll down through the back.
- Soften and widen the buttocks, the back ribs, the upper back and the neck.
- Soften and widen the chest and throat.
- Allow the breath to fill the back body.