Niralamba Sarvangasana 2 (Unsupported Shoulder Stand 2)
Niralamba = self-supported, independent. Sarva = whole, all, complete. Anga = limb.
Organizing the Pose
- Come into the pose from either Salamba Sarvangasana 1 (Shoulder Stand 1), Salamba Sarvanagasana 2 (Shoulder Stand 2) or Niralamba Sarvangasana 1 (Unsupported Shoulder Stand 1).
- Either one arm at a time or both arms together, bring them overhead alongside the ears.
- Hold this position anywhere from 20 to 30 seconds.
- Either bring the arms back into Salamba Sarvangasana 1 (Shoulder Stand 1), continue on with other Halasana (Plough Pose) or Sarvangasana variations, or exhale and come down, using the arms to control yourself as you roll down through the back.
- Slide off the blankets towards the head until the shoulders come to the floor and the hips are raised on the blankets. Rest there for a few breaths.
- Roll over onto the right side and press yourself up.
- Anchor evenly through the tops of the shoulders.
- Reach up strongly through the legs.
- Soften and widen the buttocks.
- Broaden and lift the back ribs.
- Broaden the collarbones.
- Soften and widen the neck and upper back.