Parshvaikapada Shirshasana (Single Leg Head Stand)
Parshva = side of the body, or flank. Eka = one. Pada = the foot. Shirsha = the head.
Organizing the Pose
- Come into the pose from Salamba Shirshasana 1 (Head Stand 1).
- Reach the left leg up towards the ceiling.
- Either come into Eka Pada Shirshasana (Single Leg Head Stand) and then take the right leg out to the side, or turn the right leg out and take it directly down to the side.
- Hold the pose for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Return to Shirshasana and repeat on the second side.
- Either continue on with other Shirshasana variations or come down out of the pose.
- Keep the wrists stacked up and ground down evenly through the forearms.
- Stretch down through the triceps into the elbow while stretching up through the biceps.
- Stretch evenly through the armpits.
- Broaden the collarbones and balance the weight evenly between them.
- Widen the neck, throat and upper back.
- Stretch up evenly through the sides of the waist and legs.
- Widen and lift the hip creases evenly.
- Soften and widen the buttocks.
- Soften and widen the chest, neck and throat.