Siddhasana (Accomplished Pose)
Level: All levels
Siddha = accomplished, one who has achieved the highest object.
Organizing the Pose
- • Sit in Dandasana (Staff Pose).
• Take hold of the inner right thigh with the right hand just above the knee and drag the right foot in, keeping the right leg completely soft and passive and letting the arm do all the work.
• Take hold of the right ankle and draw the right heel into the right groin. At the same time, roll the ankle out to turn the top of the foot and shin down to the floor.
• Take hold of the inner left thigh above the knee and draw the leg in, keeping it soft.
• Take hold of the ankle and bring the left heel in towards the left groin. Roll the ankle out to turn the top of the foot down towards the floor and rest the feet on top of each other. The two ankle bones should rest on either side of each other so they do not press into each other painfully.
• Tuck the left toes in between the right shin and thigh.
• If you are unable to place the feet and tuck the toes in this way, simply place one foot and shin on the floor in front of the other.
• Place the backs of the hands on the knees and join the index fingers and thumbs. Hold this position.
• Release and come back to Dandasana (Staff Pose).
• Repeat with the opposite crossing of the legs.